1 cup of cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup butter milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 Greenbrier Peaches cut into 1/2 inch wedges
6 small apricots halved and pitted
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375
- Spray 9 inch spring form pan with non-stick cooking oil
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl
- Mix well.
- Whisk buttermilk, sugar, egg, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add flour mixture, stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Scatter peaches and apricots over batter.
- Mix topping ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle topping mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bake approximately 35 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Greenbrier Peach Buckle
The Greenbrier Peaches make this buckle outstanding. This warm fruit dessert is wonderful served with whipped cream or ice cream.
A buckle is a baked dessert with fruit generously added to cake batter. The fruit and cake batter combination is then covered with a crumbly type of topping. The cake will “buckle” as it bakes around the fruit.